Nadi Shonana (Alternate Nostril Breathing) ~
1) Begin sitting with your back straight.
2) Close your eyes and focus on your breath.
3) Now, position you hand over your nose, have the thumb over the right nostril, the first two fingers over the third eye (centre of forehead) and the last two fingers over the left nostril.
4) Start by closing the right nostril and breathing in through the left.
5) Then close the left nostril and breathe out through the right nostril.
6) After the exhalation, breathe in through the same nostril (right) and then close that nostril and breathe out through the left.
7) Repeat as above.
Breathe like this for up to nine rounds – starting and finishing on the left.