Balasana (Bālāsana) = Childs pose
Dṛṣṭi: nāsāgre = to the nose
1) Start kneeling with your bottom on your heels. You may part the knees if you prefer.
2) Inhale and lengthen up through the spine whilst keeping the shoulders relaxed.
3) Exhale and slowly fold forwards, placing the forehead on the ground in front.
4) Bring the arms to the sides of the body, with the palms facing upwards. Close your eyes.
5) Hold this posture for up to ten breaths and then on your inhale (with the eyes closed still) come up and out of the pose.
6) Sit with your eyes closed for a while longer, place your hands over your eyes and open the fingers, then open the eyes when you are ready and blink a few times.